Friday, November 27, 2015

REVIEW : COLOURPOP ULTRA MATTE LIPS IN CHILLY CHILI

I've recently been dragged into the whole trend of liquid lipsticks and let me tell you, I'm OBSESSED with it!

Never have I ever thought that I would be one of those girls who would rock a matte lip just because my lips are always dry. BUT NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream proved me wrong and now, Colourpop.

For those of you who have not heard about Colourpop, it's not an ice cream nor a colouring store. It is an online only, affordable beauty brand located in the United States (US). Read more about Colourpop here

I'm not going to ramble on about the brand but let me tell you, it is awesome so far. 

Now, the Colourpop Ultra Matte Lips comes in a variety of colours but most are in the family of pinks. They have a total of 44 individual shades priced at $6 a piece and 2 just recently released Holiday 2015 box sets priced at $20 per box set (this contains 5 colours each). 

The finishing of these are AMAZING! It is of course a liquid lipstick that slowly turns matte upon application. I know its a little far-fetched for now as I only have ONE product,  but I'm am loving this and you'll see why below. (P.S. : I do not photoshop my pictures)


I wore this Chilly Chilli throughout the day. It's a plummy brown shade which may look mauvey brown in the picture above but in real life it's a dark plum brown shade. Beware as what you see in the tube may come out darker because it mattes down from a liquid and common sense, it'll only get darker.

I have to say that I experienced some transfers on my cup when I drink water, when I kissed my boyfriend it somewhat transferred on his cheek a little, etc. 

BUT it really stains your lips and even with the transfers, I still had a full lip of colour EXCEPT a little wore off on the inner part of my lips where it tends to get a little moist.

APPLICATION : EASY AND A LOT OF CONTROL
LASTING POWER : TRANSFERABLE BUT IT STAYS ON
PIGMENTATION : IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS!
BLEEDING : NONE EXPERIENCE

Overall Rating : A+

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back! Have you tried the Elianto ones???
    -Hari

    ReplyDelete
  2. colourpop lipstick pashopvn 's the best

    ReplyDelete