Saturday, May 2, 2015

REVIEW : BECCA SHIMMERING SKIN PERFECTOR® PRESSED IN TOPAZ

My love for highlighters have gone from 0 to infinity. And it's often not easy to find one that I personally love as I always love the kind of highlighter that would give my skin that JLO glow (if you know what I mean) *wink* BUT I've recently stumbled upon a little brand, well little to me but it's actually a very well known brand for its highlighters called BECCA COSMETICS.

Now Becca Cosmetics are not available here in Malaysia unfortunately but I do hope that Sephora would consider bringing the brand in.

So, before I begin my review and swatches, below is a little info for those who have not heard of Becca cosmetics before.

According to BECCA's Website:

Rebecca Morrice Williams is the Founder of BECCA.

"Rebecca started her career as a makeup artist in Perth, Western Australia. Frustrated by her own inability to find the perfect foundation, one that would look natural, conceal blemishes, feel weightless on the skin and stay fresh all day, she set out to create it herself.

After 6 years of scientific research and development, Rebecca's passion and persistence has resulted in the ultimate range of skin-perfecting products that make it possible for all women to experience the pleasure of a flawless and radiant complexion. The BECCA line has evolved to delight the most demanding makeup artists globally, excite the most respected beauty editors, and meet the needs of the busiest modern women around the world."

Now, as I've mentioned earlier, no BECCA here in Malaysia but I managed to get my hands on one of the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in the shade Topaz. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed is a powder highlighter which can be used on the face, neck area and wherever you would intend to highlight.

The Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector is available in a variety of format depending on one's preference. It's available in powder (pressed), liquid and cream (poured).

Personally I prefer powders for highlighters and I was lucky to find that www.strawberrynet.com ships to Malaysia. I'll review this website another time. Now, when I saw that www.strawberrynet.com carries the Becca brand, I was so happy to find that they had one last Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in the shade Topaz. Perfect! AND the best part - it's even cheaper with the discounts!

NOW ON TO SWATCHES


  



Now just to clarify, my lighting is not that great but the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Topaz is a gorgeous gold bronze shade without leaning too red or orangey in person. 

The shimmer particles in the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector is so finely milled leaving just a gorgeous glow to the skin which makes it seem like it's from within and what surprises me most is that even though it may seem pigmented, when applied on the high points of my cheeks, it blends into my skin so perfectly that the colour and the shimmer seems so natural.

For this amazing product, I paid a total of RM 120 including shipping and after the discounts.

I'm definitely looking forward to purchasing more Becca Shimmering Skin Perfectors especially in the shade Opal which is a cult favourite and a holy grail highlighter for many.

Till the next post. Thank you for reading! 

Overall Rating : A+++++



No comments:

Post a Comment