Saturday, May 9, 2015

REVIEW : NYX TAME & FRAME IN BRUNETTE & NYX EYEBROW GEL IN BRUNETTE

NYX is a brand that's gaining its share of fame fairly quickly in the beauty industry here in Malaysia. It all started with the craze of their SMLC (Soft Matte Lip Creams) and I too love them too bits. Now, I'm looking for other alternatives to obtain more of their new products from the US. Now I've purchased mine via an Instagram online shop called MakeupbySya. If you'd like to order from her, please be patient and wait for your items. It is after all a pre-order and not ready stock.

So I waited for about 3-4 weeks for my order to arrive at my door-step and I am utterly satisfied with the products. I ordered the NYX Tame and Frame Tinted Brow Pomade in Brunette (RM 28) and NYX Eyebrow Gel in Brunette (RM 27). The prices are not including local postage (which is only RM 6 for West Malaysia).

Now, I've recently been very fussy about how my eyebrow looks and the kind of products I use for it. I've never been able to find a product that gives me a brown colour that doesn't have any red undertones to it, too much yellow undertones or even too dark a brown.

I've been using a brand called Peri-Pera's Automatic Eyebrow Pencil in the shade 01 for the longest time, it's affordable and everything I wanted in an eyebrow pencil. It's fuss free and easy to work with plus it lasts all day.

But I wanted to try other brow products:


NYX TAME AND FRAME TINTED BROW POMADE IN BRUNETTE



I read about the NYX Tame and Frame which was supposed to be similar to the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pomade which I know costs a leg and a hand but the NYX one doesn't, so why not give it a try? I don't have the Anastasia one hence I won't be able to compare the two. But if this works for me, why do I need to pay more?

I tracked down a seller who takes orders for NYX products and since it's affordable at RM 28 only, I gave it a go and I am definitely not disappointed with the product. Its smooth and creamy without being dry.

The NYX Tame and Frame in Brunette is described as an ASH BROWN shade and that's definitely true.

NYX's claims: "Give extra life to your brows with our easy-to-use brow pomade that glides onto skin and hair. Our smudge-proof, waterproof formula comes in five shades to coax brows into prime shape. Stand up to humidity in style!"

APPLICATION : Super Easy (but you'll need a brush)
LASTING POWER : It does not budge.
WATERPROOF : HELL YES!
PIGMENTATION : It cannot get any better.

And yes, it's THAT good!

I'm ok with the packaging. Nothing to shout about, it's just a regular plastic packaging.

Overall, I would definitely re-purchase considering that colour wise, it matches me well and there's NO red undertones whatsoever without being like "OH HEY LOOK AT MY BROWS". It well natural and easy to blend in with your natural brow.

OVERALL RATING : A+


NYX EYEBROW GEL IN BRUNETTE


Yes, I was being greedy and wanted more so I decided to also try their NYX Eyebrow Gel in Brunette. This was compared by many with the Make Up Forever one and same thing I don't have that hence no comparisons will be done.

NYX's claims: "Keep your misbehaving brows in place with our discreet and easy-to-use brow gel! The lightweight, waterproof formula creates thicker, fuller, natural-looking brows and comes in five versatile shades."

This NYX Eyebrow Gel may be a little messy for some and I personally found it a little difficult to use as well because I don't exactly have a small tray of some sort to squeeze out the product on to. Instead I used a brush and tried to grab as little product as I can, trying not to use too much, straight out from the tube. And let me tell you, that little tiny bit of product was CRAZY PIGMENTED!

If you don't use a light hand with this stuff, I'll guarantee you, you'll end up looking cray cray. But overall, I love it for the pigmentation it gives and being a liquid form, it dries VERY QUICK. It's no joke, you'll have to work faster with this product because once it sets, IT SETS. No more blending, no more budging, no more drawing. IT WON'T MOVE!

APPLICATION : Easy, it glides on (but you'll need a brush AND some sort of a tray)
LASTING POWER : It does not budge.
WATERPROOF : HELL YES!
PIGMENTATION : It cannot get any better.

I like the packaging, it comes in a squeeze tube which is hygienic.

The only con I can think about is that it dries a little too fast.

OVERALL RATING : A-



NOW ON TO SWATCHES FOR BOTH PRODUCTS:







No comments:

Post a Comment